Friday, August 14, 2015

The little thumbnail titled “Blog” on my favorites bar has been a sore subject for me for a while now. I’ve thought about removing it countless times, hoping that its absence would make me feel less guilty for not making the time to write.

Although I was pretty bad at sticking to the bi-weekly schedule I originally planned to adhere to, I use to write frequently. Although I penned a number of entries that I was too embarrassed or nervous to post, I was still writing. I love my blog and the fact that it has been a great outlet for me to vent and share my experiences for the past three years... but the reality is that its just not as fun for me to write about happy things as it is necessary for me to write when I'm sad.

I finally clicked the little orange button this morning and realized, sadly, that the last blog I posted was over a year and a half ago. So much has happened and changed in that time that I can’t imagine capturing it in one post, never-the-less one that is short enough to keep anyone’s attention – but for the sake of trying, here we go:

I’ve fallen in love and am still very happily with that person. I have a new job and have found a reinvigorated passion and motivation for work and my industry. I have been living on my own and realized that although some of my best memories were living in a sorority house with 40 girls, my times as a roommate are officially in the past. I’ve read a lot of fantastic books and also some pretty awful ones. I’ve made some great new friends and lost touch with some I thought I never would. I’ve watched friends become engaged, get married and have babies… and I’ve also been on the other end of the spectrum with the loss of another grandparent.


All in all, this past year and a half has been pretty great. There have no doubt been a fair share of bumps and low points, but in the end, everything I’ve experienced has led me to where I am right now – and if those trails were a necessary part of the journey, I have no complaints.

My hope is now that I have made a public declaration of my intention to not be such a crappy blogger that I will actually make the time to upkeep my much neglected page. So – for anyone who is actually reading this – thank you and I hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment