Friday, November 8, 2013

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
― Dr. Seuss

The number of “20 things to embrace in your 20s” articles that came across my newsfeed in the past month was a little ridiculous. Obviously, the first time I saw one I thought “Thank God, someone finally made a manual to navigate my life!” but then I read one seven and realized that the individuals writing these articles:

1. Could not have possibly passed English 1

2. Have some serious problems and are trying to justify their actions by blogging about them

For example: This post suggests that you should go one week without showering. Why? Because you can find comfort in the fact that “without showers, everyone is the same.” Number 4 in the same article suggests to “Have at least one night where you cry ridiculously and listen to Adele while drinking wine and chain smoking.”

It is articles like this that make me wish the First Amendment did not apply to certain individuals. 

So, for those of you looking for a good Friday read, and have had enough of the aforementioned GIF-filled posts, I am happy to steer you to some awesome blogs that I frequent. (Aside from mine, of course… which you should continue to read.)

Happy reading!
AG


Ring Finger Tan Line: This blog is absolutely amazing. After following a link posted by a friend on Facebook over a year ago, I am still a loyal reader. Laura is a hilarious writer who shares her post-divorce journey with her readers through stories of baking, writing and drinking. RFTL is currently sitting on my favorites toolbar and I check it on a daily basis for new articles to dive into. You probably should too.

Witty + Pretty: As a woman who loves to write, I think it’s awesome how uncensored and sarcastic Ashley, the author of Witty + Pretty, is. Although I have not reached the comfort level of discussing some of the topics she addresses (and am not sure I ever will), reading her blog will no doubt put you in a good mood and give you a large dose of women empowerment.

Betches Love This: Consider this a fair warning that this site is not for the faint of heart or anyone lacking a sense of humor. Although this website is crude, uncensored and wildly controversial, I cant. get. enough. of it. One of my favorite things about this blog is the Head Pro and his articles. He is raunchy, foul-mouthed, unnecessarily presumptuous, but unwaveringly honest. This site is a refreshing break from the censored articles posted by PC writers on topics 20-somethings are interested in reading about.

One thing I do support is dressing up for Halloween.
Multiple times in multiple costumes.
No matter how old you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment